The Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine is located at 540 First Avenue in New York City. Go in the main entrance of New York University Langone Medical Center on the east side of First Avenue at 32nd Street. Once inside, turn left into the Skirball building, number 540 First Avenue.
Laguardia Airport: Bus transport to Grand Central Terminal ($10-12). A taxi will cost approximately $25-30.
JFK Airport: Bus transport to Port Authority Bus Terminal, three trips per day ($10). A taxi currently costs a flat rate of $45 plus tolls and tip.
Newark Airport: Bus transport to Grand Central Terminal ($12). A taxi currently costs a flat rate of $45-50 plus tolls and tip
From Penn Station:
NYU Langone Medical Center/Skirball Institute is directly across town along 34th Street from Penn Station. Take the M34 bus going east (south side of the street) to its final stop. You can also walk east across town along 34th Street or 33rd Street. Taxis may deposit passengers at the main lobby entrance at 32nd Street and First Avenue.
The subway costs $2.50. The stops closest to NYU Langone Medical Center are:
- 33rd Street Stop (at Park Avenue) on the Number 6 line
- Grand Central Terminal at 42nd Street between Lexington Avenue and Park Avenue
One bus fare is $2.50. A MetroCard or coins are required.
- The M15 bus runs the length of First Avenue in Manhattan and stops directly in front of the Skirball Institute.
- The M34 bus runs the length of 34th Street in Manhattan and stops directly in front of the north entrance to NYU Langone Medical Center on 34th Street east of First Avenue, one block from the Skirball Institute.
- The M16 bus directly connects nationwide bus service at the Port Authority Bus Terminal (42nd Street and 8th Avenue) with the NYU Langone Medical Center 34th Street entrance bus stop.
A subway map of New York City is shown below. The location of NYU Langone Medical Center and the Skirball Institute is indicated on the map with a purple arrow. Click on the map to enlarge.